Thursday, August 12, 2010

An apparent meter-jam

Conscious of the fact that I wouldn't want to use the rickshaw today, I decided to keep more buffer (travel) time than normal. So it began with a bus ride from home to station, a train to vileparle and a nice sky-walkey walk to college.
Ah, the sky-walks are five star material, with these awesome benches every few meters. Plus the concrete roadway a good 20 feet above the ground makes way for a muck-less walk and an excellent view.
Anyway, getting back. College purpose fulfilled, I headed home changing three buses not to mention crossing an east-west bridge connected to another skywalk.
Exhausting, yet satisfying; I was thoroughly disappointed at the sight of a gazillion black and yellows comfortably plying, most with youngsters in them.
It was the matter of one day, and for all the cribbing and noise making, this little sacrifice wasn't much, atleast for the physically equipped. Or so I thought.
An honest initiative in my opinion; the meter-jam could've done with a little more cooperation for all the hype it created.

4 comments:

Pratz said...

I supported the meter jam initiative too :) ... the skywalk is ready sigh.. i so wish to walk on it to NM once more..

pyro said...

Appreciate ur attempt.. even i wanted METER JAM to be a huge success but was dissappointed in the attempt of the mumbaikars.. it was not just about registering online and making status updates..it was the tym to act n we dint. the spirit of MUMBAI cudnt keep the rik meter's UP !!

Prerna said...

Your contribution is appreciated! :)
The sky-walk's pretty awesome, innit? Its a shame people who cribbed the most just used the ricks anyway! Sheesh.

Anyhoo, such is life.. Blog on! :)

Anonymous said...

My brother suggested I may like this website.
He was entirely right. This submit truly made my day.

You can not believe just how so much time I had spent for this information!
Thank you!
My website: direct download movies